Saturday, March 12, 2005

Chow Yun Fat Action Movie Star

I have recently been a mission to see as many Chow Yun Fat movies as I can. I loved him in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and I thought Bulletproof Monk was fun. But he really is in his own in John Woo (director of Face Off, Mission Impossible 2, and Broken Arrow.



The only 2 Hong Kong movies I have been able to find so far are Hard Boiled and The Killer. The first movie Chow Yun Fat made in Hollywood, The Replacement Killers, was produced by John Woo. All 3 of these movies are fantastic actions films. The Killer, while being a very action-oriented film, also manages to be the story of 3 men trying to act honorably. Hard Boiled is the story of 2 cops, trying to fight crime without falling to the level of the criminals. The Replacement Killers is about doing what is right, over what is easy. And they are all wonderful action films.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home